Tuesday 28 October 2008

Interesting Patients

#Patient 3
This elderly Indian man was looking at me when i was "supervising" Siew Li examined on a patient.
I didn't intend to start any conversation coz i was tired.
He seemed bored and wanted to talk. So he said to me:"Hi, where are you from?"
"I am from Kelantan."I said.
"oo...very rare.Not many Chinese in Kelantan?"
I've answered this Question more than 20 or 30 times in my life, so I gave him the same formulated answer.
Since he was so friendly so I began to "take advantage" by asking his permission to check his cardiovascular system.
While i was checking his chest, he demanded for my handphone number. I didn't know what to respond. I just smiled and ignored the request.
No abnormality was found except that his heart was beating very fast and his body was cold.
Before I ended my examination I stared at his leg while thinking what else to check since he was so co-operative.
"I have POLIO." He told me while pointing to
his leg.
Wow...1st Poliomyelitis in this ward.
"And my toe is bent due tight shoes I wore when
I was young."He pointed his left big toe.
I saw a hallux valgus.
Wow...1st hallux valgus that I saw.
Before I manage to examine his leg he requested for my phone number again...I got no choice. I gave him...For the sake that I could examine him.
Maybe because I felt guilty that i've checked him for a long time.
He said he'll send me a msg when he is free.Oh my god...I began to feel frightened...But I told myself it's ok as long as i don't reply him.
After examined his lower limb, we went back to hostel.
My friends told me not to give patient our phone number easily. It might be dangerous.
I did feel uneasy, but I thought he wont be able to find me.
After he was discharged, he sent me a message to wish me.
I think it would be cruel if I ignored him. Afterall, he is a nice and friendly guy who allowed me to examine him thoroughly. So I replied him saying thank you.
Even though he does not cause any harm to me(so far), I will be more careful next time.
Haha...






2 comments:

qing tian said...

hey girl!so cute la u!wrote those interesting things in ur blog!
So happy to be ur partner + fren lo!Look like a big sister tat always take k of me.thanks a lot ya~^^

qing tian said...

hey girl!so cute la u!wrote those interesting things in ur blog!
So happy to be ur partner + fren lo!Look like a big sister tat always take k of me.thanks a lot ya~^^