Saturday 23 January 2010

In a Private Clinic


Did my general practice posting(GP) at Poliklinik Shaik at Kota Kemuning, Shah Alam. It's merely 4 minutes of driving from cousin's place. Was nervous the first day coz didn't know whether the Dr is going to be demanding or strict?Felt a little stressed up as i have to encounter this on my own.



The first day i went there, was wearing jeans and T-shirt before changing into formal attire. Didn't realise that i was in fact captured by 4 CCTVs it the clinic... 
I like the lamps and the lavender at the receptionist counter. The lighting and paintings remind me of Pizze Hut...



3 permanent staffnesses and 7 temporary workers working under this Poliklinik. Workers were busy at the receptionist counter.


                                                                                                         

Was suppose to spend 5 working day here, but since got tutorials and MPIS, i went there on the 4th working day at 7pm. I was worry whether i was able to complete my 50 patient's profile. But after 3 hours, I know it was not a problem. Dr seen more than 40 patients in 3 hours...

Inside the consultation room there was a framed stethoscope on the wall. It was Dr's first stethoscope given by his late father. Initially Dr's ambition was to be a pilot, but was then inspired by his late father to become a Dr. He graduated with first class from Manipal. Wow.

There were newly installed CCTVs, whereby Dr can monitor the receptionist counter, drug dispensing and waiting areas...

                                                 


UFEME and full blood count can be analysed by these machine at the bottom. The machine above is for what huh...

Drug storage...

ECG stress test.Just before i left the clinic today, was able to have a glimpse of ECG stress test. The room was well equipped with oxygen tank and defibrillator.....in case patient collapse.....

Advanced ECG recording..

Dr Shaik and nerdy I...


Despite just 3 days...i was able to see more than 100 patients...n befriended with the staffness.

4 comments:

Alpha Tango Six Niner said...

I ink i know where this clinic is....

y_y said...

WUA. I'd like to read a book in that clinic. Lol.

Y^-^Y said...

PHG, how do u know about this clinic?u have been there?around kota kemuning?

Alpha Tango Six Niner said...

I did my practical in kota kemuning last time, but forgetthe name of the clinic alrdy...i think tht's the panel clinics for my comopany