Saturday 30 January 2010

Darkness


She said:"Do not lose your CONSCIENCE while treating your patient. Do not be dishonest to the patient, and to YOURSELF. Do not betray your conscience by telling different fact to your patient. Because of unscrupulous doctor who only thought about profit, now I lose my faith to Doctor.Can you become a good one in the future?"

"I was longing to go to my daughter's graduation, seeing my children getting married. I was a dancer. Now everything is ruined..."

I was in the brink of breaking down.

This was what a terminally ill patient told me, who chooses to end her life gradually at home instead of getting treatment.

Sometimes, we lose ourselves while fulfilling our dreams. We don't realize that we are changing in a way...a way that we can't even recognize ourselves. The power of darkness is overwhelming, that most of the time we surrender our soul...

The darkness is awaiting in the future. You can choose to enter, or retreat.
I hope the advice could help to illuminate me, from the impending darkness which hovers around.

2 comments:

叶子 said...

Thanks for this good sharing... this post touched my heart.

y_y said...

=(
Trust what your heart tells you.